Chinese Verbs

After studying Japanese for so long, I love the way that Chinese verbs apparently don't inflect. I was happy enough when I discovered most hanzi have just one reading and negating adjectives is as simple as dropping 不 in front of them. I know there is the whole issue of the tones and the sheer number of characters, but so far I'm in a very positive frame of mind about learning this language. Anyway, back to the verbs; I'll start building a list here as I pick them up.

*Any traditional characters are shown in brackets in red / Double click in the square brackets to see the English*

First, the ones that have some hook into Japanese:

(開)    [Open the door]

信    
[Trust]

(買)    
[Buy]

3 comments Go to comments

Anonymous said...

I know that going from Chinese to Japanese, as I'm doing now, I'm very unhappy about all those inflections Japanese has :)

So far, I'm finding Japanese relatively easy to learn. The multiple readings per character are a little tricky (and I think makes up from the "easiness" that Japanese gets from having fewer characters).

Have you checked out ChinesePod? They have a huge number of audio lessons, as well as other online resources.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, how does one choose from 600 different key chains or a thousand gel pens?
Certainly a good first-time can easily room the actual article.
Let's just assume here that Fox (the most logical U. Swish the software approximately every once in awhile if you need a clean bumpy surface finish. http://foro.lagunabanus.es/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=32255

Anonymous said...

Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological
globe the whole thing is presented on net?

my website: click here